9:30 a.m. Sunday Worship in person and online with Facebook live streaming.
We are a lively country church with:
woods & fields,
meadows & hills,
trees & streams,
ground for play & prayer,
space to run & rest.
We are authentic, not flashy.
We invite you!
West of Ely at the corner of
Vista & Spanish Roads
11100 Spanish Road
Ely, Iowa 52227
Map to our church
CALLING ALL SUPER HEROS!! This year for Vacation Bible School we will be learning how to become one of Jesus’ super followers. We will be learning about the amazing people that followed Jesus and what made them so special. Throughout the 4-week VBS schedule we will get to know his disciples with closer looks into Peter the Bold, Thomas the Brave, and John the Loved. We have a lot of special plans in the works and are really looking forward to seeing you all at VBS. There will be a special prize for students with super attendance! VBS will be after church at 10:45AM each Sunday in July, starting on 7/10.
When anyone lives in Christ, the new creation has come. The old is gone! The new is here! – 2 Corinthians 5:17
If you are interested in showing off your powers by becoming a volunteer this year, please go to the following link to sign up: https://tinyurl.com/FPCJesusLeague
Updates concerning worship practices at First Presbyterian after the Session met on Thursday, March 17 as we ease out of pandemic circumstances:
1. We are adding back into worship "Sharing the Peace of Christ" after the Prayer of Confession and Assurance of Grace. Everyone is welcome to do what they are most comfortable with: handshakes, fist bumps, elbow bumps, etc. in order to share with one another the blessings of peace. If you are most comfortable with a friendly wave, that is good too.
2.Offering plates will be passed again during worship beginning this Sunday.
3. Plans will be made for beef stew and unleavened bread meal (6:00 p.m.) before the Maundy Thursday service on April 14 at 7:00 p.m.
4. Vocal Choir will begin soon. Talk with director Stephanie Buonadonna if you would like to participate for Easter choir.
5. Masks are optional. We want to protect those most vulnerable around us and respect their decision to continue wearing masks. Paper masks and hand sanitizers will remain by the church entrances as needed.
6. Facebook live streaming will continue uniting us as a congregation near and far as we worship together each Sunday.
7. Sunday School plans are being made.
June 18, 2022 Daily Church Email
A father of five children came home with a toy. He summoned his children and asked which of them should be given the present. “Who is the most obedient one here? Who never talks back to Mom and does everything that Mom says to do?” He inquired. There were a few seconds of silence, and then all of the children said in one accord: “You play with it Daddy!”
Have a blessed day in Christ,
Worship, Father's Day, June 19, 2022
Live-Stream Services, Sunday School, and Bible Study